- High ambient temperature and humidity causes physiological changes which directly affect all performance measures. Increased water loss, blood alkalosis and hormone imbalances can impact welfare. Poultry show symptoms of wing spreading, panting, lethargy and need management intervention
- Vitamin C – Supports maintenance of the bird’s internal body temperature by helping facilitate the response to higher ambient temperatures
- Electrolytes – Provided to help encourage water consumption and maintain salt balance which can be shifted during dehydration
- Betaine – Helps to maintain hydration and support a healthy gut during dehydration
- Energy – Provides sustenance to encourage active drinking behaviour while supporting activities associated with reducing overheating, for example wing spreading or panting
- Natural antioxidants – Assists normal immune function to support gut integrity to maintain digestion and nutrient absorption which may otherwise affect performance. Contains antioxidants to help neutralise free radicals.
- Optimum growth and digestive function rely on ionic salts to maintain metabolic function, blood pH and adequate water absorption and retention
Specification per ltr of product:
Dilute 1ml in 1 litre (1 litre per 1000 litres) of clean drinking water prior to, during and immediately post internal temperature fluctuations above 25 degrees Celsius. At temperatures above 30 degrees Celsius use at 1.5 ml in 1 litre, 1.5 litre per 1000 litres of clean drinking water. Administer strategically following a weather warning or during obvious increases in internal environmental temperatures above 25 degrees Celsius. This product can be used as part of standard management practice in preparation for heat stress. At chick placement, use for first 2-3 days. Use for 3 – 5 days during periods of dehydration due to excessive water loss. Use for 2 – 3 days prior to temperature increase above 25 degrees Celsius.